Wednesday, May 23, 2012

G.I. Joe: Retaliation pushed back

So how do I keep from launching into a profanity laced tirade? 


Hasbro and Paramount have decided to push back the release of GI Joe: Retaliation until March 2013.
To add 3-D effects to the movie. What the f**k? Seriously? Am I that friggin' out of touch to still not see the relevance of 3-D movies?


I'm not paying extra for that shit.


So now there are toys for the movie on the shelves, ready to be sold. And no movie to support the line.
GI Joe is an iconic in-house Hasbro brand. And they just sh*t all over it. Again.
Yeah, it was going to be a tough fight against Spiderman and The Dark Knight Rises. But, damn, Bruce Willis and the Rock are in GI Joe!
Sure it wasn't going to be anywhere close to Avengers huge, but I'm sure it would have taken in a nice chunk o' change.
Joe fans across the inter-webs are pissed. And rightfully so. Me, too.

No comments: