Friday, May 11, 2012

Blackout

Black Out has always been an interesting character. He was a GI Joe wash-out whose brother and sister both became members of the GI Joe team. 


Devil's Due really went into some creative directions with this story. I don't recall Bombstrike being involved, but the conflict between the Stall brothers was a pretty intense story. Especially when Thomas Stall screwed up a mission and was imprisoned. 


He was eventually recruited by Cobra and became a part of a brutal team of Cobra agents called the Plague.


The creep also boarded a Russian sub, overpowered the crew, and launched a nuclear missile, wiping out Boston. Nasty SOB!


I have always wanted an updated version of Black Out in the modern style, but had sold off my original GI Joe vs Cobra version. I got lucky and found a very cheap copy at Joelanta 2012. All I wanted was his head!


It took me a couple tries to find the right body and web gear for my custom, but I think I'm satisfied!


Recently, I decided to try to come up with a little bit of a story line involving Thomas Stall's expulsion from GI Joe and eventual recruitment into Cobra.


You can see them here.

No comments: