Monday, July 15, 2013

Ninja Combat Cruiser - New Paint

Surprise, surprise! Target clearanced out their GI Joe product. I don't know what that means for the upcoming waves of new GI Joe figures, but for now it means that everything is clearance. I was able to pick up another NCC for just under $12.00. Not bad. I've seen some custom paint jobs around various websites and I thought I would give it a try.

Just a cheap can of flat black spray paint was all that I needed. After taking the body apart, I decided to keep the lower section its original gray. I thought that it would be a good contrast to the black upper body.


It was pretty easy to take apart. Eight screws in the bottom and a few more inside to remove the bumper and the dashboard. I sprayed the pieces with two coats and left them to dry overnight. 


Not bad! I don't think that there is anything that can be done to help this Night Fox driver figure. I'll salvage his head and vest and that's about it.


Just a quick side-by-side comparison against the original colors of the NCC. I wish Hasbro had gone with some better colors for it. The blue-ish color isn't too bad, but something more in the military green hues would have worked much better.


At first I was thinking that it would be a good ride for my GI Joe black ops team, but after considering my Cobra Blackshirts, I reconsidered. I think this is a better match.


This is just a quick shot with the Stinger (?) loaded up with Blackshirts. You can't see him in this picture, but Cobra Commander is in the back seat along for a ride.

1 comment:

Dr Syn said...

The VAMP/NCC tooling is damn good, live all the places you can store the backpack on it.

All the NCC needs is a wind shield.


Looks good all black btw, I did mine up like the tan missile VAMP of yor, while Nightfox's head and vest are currently sitting on the spare Snake-eyes I had form the Mouse and Airborne 3-pack.