Monday, March 26, 2012

Joelanta 2012 - Part 1

Joelanta is a regional GI Joe/Toy show that has been running since 2001. It's largely a show for and by the 12" GI Joe collector, but has grown to embrace all eras and concepts of GI Joe. Except Extreme - no GI Joe collector speaks of that mess.

No matter what type of GI Joe you collect, these pictures are ultimately what GI Joe is all about. Doesn't matter - the original GI Joe, Super Joe, Real American Hero, Sgt Savage, Sigma 6, 25th Anniversary ARAH, Rise of Cobra, Pursuit of Cobra, and Retaliation - it's all G.I. Joe.

This is G.I. Joe - two kids, playing in a hotel hallway with their new GI Joe finds. No video games, no iPods, no flashy light up things - just good old imagination.

This is the essence of GI Joe.

This is just part 1 of my coverage of Joelanta 2012. Hopefully I'll get all my updates before Joelanta 2013!
You can also check out the Joelanta Facebook page!

No comments: