Monday, September 8, 2008

My G.I. Joe Collection


I collect G.I. Joes. I grew up with the original GI Joe way back in the mid to late 60's. Eventually, those guys went the way of many G.I. Joe's and headed toward various landfills. I had some good stuff, too!

In 1982, the 3 3/4" line, "Real American Heroes," came out and I went nuts over them. They ended in 1994 ("the vintage little Joes") and the 12" guys came back out for a while. With my collection, I have worked on creating the 3 3/4" characters in 12" size. They don't always look like their tiny counterparts, but that's the fun of it; taking a character and putting my spin on it.

Yes, let's go ahead and say it - GI Joe, Cobra, and all assorted characters and whatever are property of Hasbro, Inc. I use them without permission, but with great respect and enjoyment with no intention of profiting from their creations. I do intend to profit in the "fun" factor, though!

No comments: