Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Closer Look - Part 1

I've created some pictures of many of my custom Joes and I thought that I would share group pictures and describe a little bit about each figure. Eventually, I plan on some in-depth entries based on individual figures.

I use a varied assortment of gear for my troops including Hasbro, 21st Century and Power Team Elite figures.

Part 1I'll do a quick rundown of each character from left to right and from top to bottom.
  1. Hawk - The commanding officer of the G.I Joe team. He's created with a standard Hasbro head-sculpt used in a variety of figures in last couple of years of the modern 12" G.I. Joe figures. Works great for my version of Hawk.
  2. Stalker - This head-sculpt comes from the original 1992 Hall of Fame (HOF) figure. These guys, no matter how hideous the bodies, were an instrumental part of the rebirth of the 12" G.I. Joe. Stalker's head has been rescued from the non-articulated hell of the HOF body and is now resting comfortably on a Hasbro super-articulated body.
  3. Duke - The G.I. Joe team's first sergeant. Duke is the beginning point for the rebirth of the 12" G.I. Joe with the release of the Target exclusive in 1991. But this isn't him. This is actually the 4th version of Duke made by Hasbro. Well, at lest the head anyway. He's had the Hasbro SA body transplant.
  4. Falcon - An excellent 3 3/4" version marred by an awful portrayal in the animated G.I. Joe movie. This Hasbro head-sculpt just worked for Falcon the moment I saw him. He'll be one of the first to get a solo entry about his character.
  5. Snake Eyes - Probably the most popular of the Real American Hero's line. There are 34 versions of him as a 3 3/4" figure listed on YoJoe.com. A bit overkill, if you ask me. Still, a very slick character and one of my faves. For me, Snake Eyes is less ninja and more commando.
  6. Kamakura - Snake Eyes' protege. I decided that mine would be less ninja and more soldier.
  7. Lowlight - The premier sniper of the Joe team. A surprisingly easy custom once I plopped a molded stocking cap on a blond head-sculpt.
  8. Torpedo - The SEAL from the second year of the 3 3/4" line. very cool to have made the transition to 12". He's more in line with the Land element of SEAL in this uniform.
So here's my first set of 12" customs. Plenty more to come!

No comments: