Friday, July 11, 2008

More about me...

I'm still trying to figure out what I "really" want to blog about. I'm mainly trying to get into some sort of routine in blogging. Maybe, at some point, I'll say something of "importance" but for now, it's just randomness.
So, here's more randomness.
Hello, my name is Tom and I collect G.I. Joes...
In some form or fashion, GI Joe has been a part of my life since I was a kid. I had some awesome vintage stuff "back in the day." The 5 Star Jeep, Mercury capsule, AT Headquarters, the yellow AT helicopter, all sorts of good stuff... and all long gone.
Well, when the 3 3/4" figures came out in 1982, I collected those as well. I've never been too old for toys! Eventually, the 12" guys came back out and I started collecting them again. They're out of stores for a while, but I still enjoy them!

Here's a picture of one of my troops on an alien beach.


Well, actually, it's a highly photo-shopped picture of Ormond Beach!

Here's another picture of my collection at home. Thanks for your indulgence, honey! These guys are based on the characters that were created for the 3 3/4" GI Joe. For a closer look at my collection, you can go here.


No comments: