Monday, July 7, 2008

Great July 4th Celebration!

We had a great time on the 4th of July this year!

I invited my brother and his family (husband, wife, 4 teen aged & up sons), my sister and her family (husband, wife, 2 teen aged & up daughters), my father & step-mother and then of course my family (husband, wife, teenage daughter, 20 yr old son). We had a full house...

My brother brought ribs, chips, drinks and some other stuff. My sister's family brought a smoked pork shoulder and extra stuff. My father & step-mother brought barbecue chicken, homemade potato salad, and pasta salad. We had corn on the cob (grilled...), hot dogs, beer, home-made Margaritas, homemade Whiskey Sours, homemade Sex-on-the-Beach. There were cookies, popsicles, all sorts of stuff. Food everywhere...

I should have taken pictures... Too busy eating and drinking...

While the adults prepped the food, the kids jumped in the pool. Once the food was ready, everyone descended and we all had a great time of eating and just enjoying each others company.

Once we had feasted, nearly everyone headed for the pool. No, we didn't wait 30 minutes and there was not one case of stomach cramps!

Once the swimming was done, everyone scavenged for seconds and we gathered for our pitiful but fun fireworks show. Fortunately, a neighbor behind us is a local Pastor and he had a bunch of his flock over for a fireworks show. So we watched some big fireworks and launched our own small fireworks show.

A great time was had by all!

I think I'm still full...

No comments: