Monday, January 13, 2014

Hey Hasbro! Pay Attention!

As someone who grew up playing with the original GI Joe back in the 60's and early 70's, I am absolutely stunned by the customizing skill on Oreobuilder's Blog.

He has been working on some exquisite customs of the classic GI Joe figures in 4" scale and they are amazing. 

I've been successful in making the transition from playing with the big Joe's as a kid to become a collector of the small Joe's as an adult. This is how to do a proper salute for the 50th Birthday of the grandfather of the entire action figure genre. I'm sure someone would have eventually worked up a boys' toys action figure, but Hasbro did it first.

GI Joe saved Hasbro's corporate ass, probably at least twice. I'd like to think that Hasbro has something in the works that is just slightly as awesome as Oreobuilder's work, but I doubt it. I don't know if Hasbro cares enough about GI Joe anymore.

Thankfully, there are folks out there in the GI Joe Collector/Fan community that keep GI Joe alive.

No comments: