Thursday, July 21, 2011

John Carter of Mars

It's about time. John Carter of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs is finally making it to the big screen - any screen, actually. After being pushed around for nearly 79 years, John Carter will be in the theaters in 2012.

I had read a lot of Edgar Rice Burroughs when I was younger, primarily the Pellucidar series and the Caspak trilogy. I had never read any of the Barsoom series. I must make amends!

I inherited the series from my grandfather a couple years after he passed away. He was a serious science fiction fan and I was too young to appreciate that about him. I would have loved to discuss science fiction with him. Perhaps I inherited my love of science fiction from him. I'm okay with that!

So my goal will be to read all eleven of these books well before the movie premieres next year. It really shouldn't be that difficult. I just need to get a couple other books read that I have already started and dig in to these.

No comments: