Friday, January 2, 2015

What is this Thing?

It's Contest Time here at Reasonably Intelligent Rambling!

I have been in the possession of an old set of Robotix building toys. Apparently, these toys were the basis for an animated series back in 1985. I don't remember that series at all. I know that this kit is well over ten years old.
There is a very strong tech vibe to these pieces; lots of added tech tidbits on the structure of the parts. The colors are a bit loud though!
Just a nice industrial feel to these parts.
 Odd bits of connectors and other weird items.
These pieces came together pretty quickly I knew that the purple "cylinders" had to become some sort of processing tanks or something like that...
Destro was on-hand for the initial phase of construction, but due to the colors, I felt that someone else needed to step in to oversee construction.
Cesspool was the obvious choice to supervise the construction process since he just digs loud colors. 
At this point, I was pretty much done with construction and kinda' liked the colors, but they were really just too varied and loud.
Cesspool really liked the colors, but the Cobra Board of Directors over-ruled him. Time for some serious repainting!
The first step was to disassemble the thing and take plenty of pictures so I would know how to reassemble it. I took my time on the painting, primarily using flat gray and gloss black as my two colors.
Once the big chunks were painted to my satisfaction, it was time to put the thing back together.
I did add bits of detailing here and there, just to enhance some of the details in the structure. It has been a long time since I've done any painting on something like this, so it ain't all pretty. Good enough for me.
The tanks are completed with little bits of highlights here and there.
Cesspool and two nervous Techno-Vipers stand at the completed project. 
What does this thing do?
 Well, that's the problem. I built the damn thing without any idea of what it is. I know it's some sort of nefarious device that Cobra has built and the GI Joe team is going to have to break in and destroy the damn thing, but they need to know what they are after.
Hell, it could just be an industrial sized cappuccino machine! There's a huge Cobra army that needs their caffeine!
No, it's got to be some sort of dastardly something that needs to be destroyed or at least shut down.
That's where you, my loyal reader(s) and new guests come into play. I need some help in figuring this thing out.

So here's the deal. Develop some sort of back story as to what the hell this thing is and what its purpose is and I'll choose the best idea and you'll win...  

 Either Prize A (Two Cobra Blueshirts) or Prize B (One Blueshirt & Storm Shadow). Your choice!

It's just about January 3rd as I finish up this post and I'm going to start promoting it on Facebook & Twitter. How about I set a tentative ending date of January 16th? Email your entry to tbrooks1025 (at) gmail.com. Leave me a quick comment to let me know to keep an eye out for your entry. I'll review the entries and make my choice over the following weekend. I'll post the winner here and devote a new post to the official description of this thing, giving the winner full credit.

Plus, I'm planning on submitting it to JoeCustoms and I'll give you credit there! And if I take it to Joelanta this year, I'll give you a shout-out there as well!

Fame and fortune await!
Yo Joe!

1 comment:

James said...

Thanks again!!! Love the figs!