Monday, November 21, 2011

Sorting My O-Ring G.I. Joe Figures

My O-Ring GI Joe figures have been in a state of neglect for years. I even posted a picture showing the poor guys over on Joedios.com a couple years ago. Well. I'm finally going to do something about it. My goal is to sort each of them into a plastic bag along with their file card and as much of their gear that I can find. I was very unkind to the neon colored weapon "trees" and didn't keep much of that crap.

Sort, sort, sort - pick a file card, find the figure.

Or pick a figure, find the file card.

I think I have used around 125 plastic bags at this point. None left, still more Joe's to go.

Okay, where is Alpine?

This was a lot of fun to sort these guys, very nostalgic. I was easily able to recognize their faces and remember their code names. Well, most of them, I think a couple slipped my mind.

Overall, these guys are in pretty good shape. Tight joints, no paint wear, o-rings holding up. There are a few that need repair. Tollbooth has a broken crotch, but fortunately I have an extra. Sgt Slaughter's t-hook broke, so he needs a little help. There are a few more that have loose o-rings, but most of them are in excellent shape.

My original intention is to sort them and maybe... sell them...

Maybe...

I don't know if I can...

Maybe...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello i am interesting to buy economy g.i. joe and i can offer up to 40 dollars...can you sent me images to choose the g.i. joe that i want to buy?(thanatos308@gmail.com)

Legendary Tom Brooks said...

And the answer to the question above is...

"No, because I simply don't have the time to read someone's mind. Too labor intensive."

xyloyrhs said...

sorry..how much does it cost the cheapest g.i. joe that you sell?do you want to sent you potographes or the names of the g.i. joe that i want to buy?

Legendary Tom Brooks said...

oh dear god...

I don't know the names of the GI Joes you want?!?!?!?